Friday, June 1, 2007

Luke did this one, not me.

My 18 year old son, Luke, did this watercolor the other day. Amazing. He did it all in just one day. I am very proud of him and his talent.

Luke made this as a birthday present for his longtime buddy Billy Reed (center of the picture). This is a portrait of 5 very good friends - Adam, Nathan, Billy, Luke (guitar in hands) and Timo. All of them live on or near Waldeckstrasse in Kandern, Germany, thus "Waldeck". Any of my Kandern/BFA readers would agree that Luke did a fantastic job of capturing each boy's personality.

I am amazed at how easy this sort of thing is for Luke. I would struggle a long time to produce such art. He just sits down and does it with ease. I was stunned when he showed me the finished product after just a couple of hours. And, what a awesome birthday present...original art!

No comments:

My blog has moved to a new address!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://unstringingthebow.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.