Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sketch from Lorrach Farmer's Market


The weather was perfect today. So we went into Lorrach to look around. I found a moment to sit on a bench at one end of the farmer's market and sketch this scene. It was fun to do. I had two people stop and comment on my work. One was super encouraging ("wunder schoen!"). The other observer stopped, sat down, and then pointed out that I had neglected to draw the trees (which I then did) and a few wispy clouds - which I didn't do. It was hard to complete my sketch with that lady leaning in so close. So, I found an excuse to get up and leave - "I wonder where my wife is? I better go find her! Tschuss!"
The opposite page is a sketch from Basel that I did two weeks ago.

1 comment:

RobCarey said...

Very nice sketch, Tim. Looks like the weather is pretty nice back in DE. Did you get ice cream?

My blog has moved to a new address!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://unstringingthebow.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.