Sunday, December 28, 2008

Psalm 1 Thoughts

If you occasionally check on this blog then you know, "If I can see it I can understand it." This is why I approach the Sunday sermon as a search for visual clues - ways to illustrate the morning's message. This started years ago when my two little boys (now grown) used to sit in church on either side of me and try not to wiggle too much. I helped them sit still by trying to draw some picture from the morning message as they looked on. I found out that this practice was not only good for them, but good for me too.

This morning Pastor Harrop spoke from Psalm 1. "Psalm 1 presents a clear choice..." This is the picture that came to mind as he spoke.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I really love your drawing. I just wrote a little "blurb" on Psalm 1 on my blog http://otiumsanctum.com I titled it "A tale of two ways" because of the clear choice it gives. Would I be able to place your drawing on my site?? Will reference you a point back here? Let me know

Tim Shuman said...

Sonya, thank you for your kind comment. Yes, please feel free to use my drawing. I heard that my brother in Ohio, who is a Pastor, used my sketch in his most recent sermon! At least you asked first! :-)
Tim

Carole McDonnell said...

Great sketch! -C

Anonymous said...

Thank you for using this great gift that God has given you! I'm blessed. =)

My blog has moved to a new address!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://unstringingthebow.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.