Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Sketch

This is a sketch from today's sermon. I guess you had to be there - which this sketch is supposed to help with. My theory is this: if you can make a related sketch while listening to a sermon, a message, a class lecture, you are FAR more likely to remember what was said AND to apply the central point to your life.
Pastor David brought some props with him today. You can see them below. Click on the picture to understand the central message of his sermon.

I was sitting beside some high school students this morning (my wife is in Canada at the moment). They noticed me drawing and tried to peek over my shoulder to see what I was doing. I seriously think they benefit from the creation of a visual representation of the message. I think they started to listen closer to the speaker with me.
The students love to look through my sketchbook to see what I've done. It always surprises them.

No comments:

My blog has moved to a new address!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://unstringingthebow.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.