Friday, October 10, 2008

Sketches from Venice

We just got back from Italy with our senior class - 79 students. Here are a couple of quick sketches I did last night at a concert all of us attended. The concert featured Vivaldi's Four Seasons. It was amazing. The sketch below had to be fast so I was unable to include the other six members of the string ensemble called, "Interpreti Veneziani". This view was drawn from my seat on the front row to the extreme left of the stage. These guys are amazing, see the one minute video we took below for a sample.

This little sketch was also done during the concert. Interpreti Veneziana holds there concerts in a former church. There are several statues in various spots inside. This particular sculpture was interesting because it featured a vail over the woman's face. How is it possible to depict a vail in stone? Well, the artist did it quite nicely. Thanks Ginny for inspiring me to do some sketches. The paper you gave me was just what I needed.

No comments:

My blog has moved to a new address!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://unstringingthebow.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.