Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Frutigen, Switzerland

I have to admit that I really enjoyed drawing this one. I was kinda sad when I finished it. This one is special to me because of the location.

Frutigen is where my grandmother was born and raised. She very likely attended services in this church. She left Frutigen for America when she was 21 years of age and never returned. Growing up in Ohio I saw lots of old pictures of this church and town and dreamed of one day visiting this place. Now I can say that I have been there many many times. I never tire of this place. How could Grandma leave this amazing place in the alps?

Original size: 21x20cm, 8.25x8.0 in.
Pen: Rotring rapidographs various size nibs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

My blog has moved to a new address!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://unstringingthebow.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.