Sunday, April 29, 2007

My Door Phase


This drawing was done in 1999. It's the back door to the church in the village of Holzen, Germany. I really like the shadows in this picture. I enjoyed drawing the stonework on the sidewalk. This was drawn when I slaved to get every detail correct - note the missing tile on the little roof covering. The original size is: 7.5x6 in. (19x15 cm).

This is a door of a small chapel in the cemetery in the town of Kandern, Germany. Like the one above, I really like the shadows in this drawing. You can see the "hint" of a sitting bench beside the door to the left. This was drawn in 2000 using a fine technical pen. Probably a Rapidograph .01. Both drawings were done on heavy, yet smooth, watercolor paper. The chapel door drawing original size is: 6 1/2 x 4 1/4 in. (16x11 cm).

No comments:

My blog has moved to a new address!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://unstringingthebow.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.